Foods to eat:
1. Broccoli: Rich insulforaphane, which helps boost the body's protective enzymes and flushes out cancer-causing chemicals. Helpful in preventing breast, liver, lung, prostate, skin, stomach, and bladder cancers.
2. Cruciferous veggies (cauliflower, cabbage, kale, and broccoli above) have cancer-fighting properties.
2. Berries: Contain cancer-fighting (especially colon, esophageal, oral, and skin cancers )phytonutrients. Black raspberries contain phytochemicals called anthocyanins, which slow down the growth of premalignant cells and keep new blood vessels from forming and potentially feeding a cancerous tumor.
3. Tomatoes: Contain lycopene, which can help stop endometrial cancer cell growth. Also helpful in preventing lung, prostate, and stomach cancers.
4. Walnuts: Contain phytosterols, which can help block estrogen receptors in breast cancer cells, and slowing the cells' growth. May also help in preventing prostrate cancer.
5. Garlic: Contain phytochemicals, which help stop the formation of nitrosamines, carcinogens formed in the stomach (and in the intestines, in certain conditions) when you consume nitrates, a common food preservative.
6. Beans: Contain fatty acid butyrate, which in high concentrations can fight cancer growth. Helpful in preventing breast and colon cancers.
7. Leafy green vegetables: Contain glucosinolates, which have antibacterial and antiviral properties, inactivate carcinogens, and help 'reprogram cancer cells to die off', and 'prevent tumor formation and metastasis'.
8. Brightly Orange-Colored Fruits and Veggies (Citrus Fruits, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, etc.): Contain beta-carotene, which helps with immune functioning; detoxification; liver health; andalso fights cancers of the skin, eyes and organs.
9. Fresh Herbs and Spices: They act as immune system booster. For example, turmeric contains curcumin, which may help decrease tumor size and fight colon and breast cancer.
10. Organic Meats: Very dense with all kinds of nutrients and minerals, which also help cleanse the liver and enhance the ability to remove toxins from the blood and digestive tract. These high-on-mineral foods also help fight against the negative effects of alcohol, prescription drugs, hormone disruptions, high triglyceride levels, low potassium, obesity and viral infections.
11. Probiotic foods and supplementation (probiotic yogurt, cottage cheese, goat milk kefir or amasai) : Help fight against tumor growth and boost cells renewal.
12. Seeds (Chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds): High on many nutrients, fiber, omega-3 fatty acid, which help boost our natural immunity.
13. Green, black or oolong Teas: For example, Green tea contains major polyphenolic compounds (e.g. epigallocatechin-3-gallate), which fights tumor invasion and angiogenesis, the cause of tumor growth and metastasis (the most deadly aspect of cancer).
14. Healthy Unrefined Oils (Coconut, flax, cod liver and extra virgin olive oil): They nourish our gut and promote better immune function.
15. Mushrooms: Help boost our immune function.
16. Fish rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Helpful in cancer prevention and natural enhancement of anti-tumor therapies.
Food to avoid:
- Animal fats: Saturated fats cause obesity, which is a big cancer predictor.
- Processed meats: High levels of meat preservatives such as nitrites and nitrates, can increase your risk of stomach and other cancers.
- Excessive alcohol: High alcohol intake increases risk of cancers of the mouth, esophagus, and breast.