1. Cherries: Contain anthocyanins, antioxidants which block inflammation and they inhibit pain enzymes.
2. Ginger: Soothes the stomach, helps with seasickness and nausea. Also gives relief from migraines, arthritis pain, and muscle aches.
3. Cranberry Juice: Helps block H. pylori (a pathogen that causes ulcers) from sticking to the stomach lining.
4. Salmon, Herring, Sardines: They have low levels of mercury and high on omega-3 fatty acids (useful with blood flow and cutting down on inflammation in blood vessels and nerves) which helps relieve back pain.
5. Turmeric: Contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Yogurt: Useful with relieving stomach pain caused by bacteria. Yogurt (especially B. infantis and L. acidophilus) help reduce pain, inflammation, and bloating.
7. Coffee: Contains caffeine, which helps reduce head pain by narrowing the dilated blood vessels that develop with headaches.
8. Mint: Contains menthol, which helps prevent muscle spasms. Also helps with headaches - just rub some on your temples or wrists and breathe in.
9. Edamame: Soy protein helps deal with pain from osteoarthritis, some relife from the aching joints suffering from wear and tear.
10. Hot Peppers: Contain capsaicin, which stimulates nerve endings and finishes off a chemical that relays pain signals. Useful in dealing with arthritis and other pains as well. Remember, the hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin it contains.