Basically, eat more of clean protein, hormone-balancing healthy fats, antioxidant-rich vegetables, and healing herbs.
1. Clean protein: Soaked or sprouted nuts, beans, seeds, quinoa, lentils, organic pasture-raised/grass-fed chicken, turkey, beef, bison, elk, pasture-raised eggs, wild caught fish (salmon, tuna etc)
2. Healthy fats which help balance hormones: Coconut oil, avocados, raw butter/ghee, egg yolks, nuts and seeds, soaked nuts and seeds, olives and olive oil, fermented cod liver oil, hemp seed oil, flax-seed oil, and raw cultured dairy products.
3. Vegetables rich in antioxidants: Dark green vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, spinach, collard greens, cabbage, cucumbers, kale, cilantro, etc.- Brightly colored vegetables (green, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, red cabbage, red/white onions, tomatoes, and carrots) - and, starch-rich vegetables (sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, yucca, beets, artichokes, butternut squash, and turnips.)
4. Spices & herbs with healing properties: Cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, garlic, ginger
5. (Tree) Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnut, flaxseed, chia seeds
6. Drinks: Green tea, red wine, organic soy, water
7. Oil: Extra-virgin llive oil
8. Berries and Fruits: blueberries, avocados, apples, pomegranates
9. Whey Protein: Helps promote fat loss, preserve muscle tissue, enhance immunity, aid insulin sensitivity, and support recovery after exercise. Contains tryptophan, which helps raise serotonin levels and fight stress.
10. Good cereals: Oat bran, buckwheat
11. Yogurt (preferably organic): Lots of probiotics, helps with digestion, metabolism of estrogen, and good for overall healthy immunity.
As a natural source of probiotics, yogurt promotes good digestion, restores healthy bacterial balance in the gut, aids the
12. Dark chocolate: Improve our endorphins. Contains tryptophan, which helps build serotonin and phenylethylamine in our brain, improving our mood.