1. Coconut Oil: Its antimicrobial properties and fatty acids helps improve digestion, immunity, boost energy and metabolism.
2. Ghee (clarified butter): It doesn't give that much of a 'heavy feel'. Promotes the secretion of stomach acids to break down food in the stomach.
3. Bone Broth: Contains gelatin which attracts and holds liquids that help heal and seal the gut.
4. Lacto-Fermented Vegetables (pickles, kimchee and sauerkraut): Good at detoxing the stomach and contain probiotics, helping remove heavy metals and other toxins from our body.
5. Chia Seeds: Rich in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals and antioxidants. Helps reduce inflammation, lower cholesterol and regulate bowel function.
6. Wild Alaskan Salmon: Anti-inflammatory food.
7. Zucchini: Water-rich. Helps with healthy digestion and detoxification.
8. Red beets: Rich in fiber, potassium and magnesium. Helpful in dealing with constipation or abdominal upsets.
9. Beet greens: Contain beta-carotene, iron and calcium, which keep digestive tract lining healthy and help in smooth movement of the muscle fiber.
10. Apples: Reduces constipation and keeps us feleing 'full'.
11. Bananas: Helpful in dealing with loose motions / diarrhea, and restores the amount of electrolytes and potassium lost.
12. Sweet potatoes (with skin): Rich in fiber. Helpful in treating ulcers.
13. Avocados: Fiber rich. Helpful with maintaining healthy digestive tract, pancreas and gall bladder.
14. Oats: Fiber rich. Helps with a sound digestive system and extraction of waste.
15. Cod liver oil: Rich in Vitamin A and D, and helps keep the gastro-intestinal tract healthy.
16. Blueberries: Rich in fiber and vitamin C. Good for digestion.
17. Cantaloupe: Rich in digestive enzymes. Also helpful in fighting intestinal cancer.
18. Kiwi: Contains pepsin, which helps with digestion.
19. Papaya: Contains pepsin (good for digestion). Has anti-inflammatory properties which help soothe the stomach.
20. Peaches: Rich in vitamins and minerals, helpful in proper digestion.
21. Tomatoes: Also rich in vitamins and minerals, helpful in proper digestion.
22. Carrots: Rich in fiber and antioxidant. Otherwise, also great for healthy eyes.
23. Yoghurt: Contains probiotics, which help soothe an upset stomach.
Probiotics or normal yoghurt is a good natural treatment to treat an upset tummy. Yoghurt helps in treating various digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome and traveler's diarrhea.
24. Cucumber: Rich in fiber, vitamins, and also erepsin, which helps with digestion. Cucumber juice helps deal with heartburn, stomach acidity, gastritis and peptic ulcer. , a protein present in cucumber aids in proper digestion.
25. Ginger: Helpful in dealing with vomiting, gas, loss of appetite and diarrhea.
26. Hot water: Taking this every morning helps deal with upset gut and improves bowel movement quality.
27. Lemon water: Helps deal with indigestion and remove harmful substances, increasing your appetite.
If you suffer from IBS (Irritable bowel symptoms), avoid FODMAPs (Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides And Polyols) foods: For example, carbohydrate foods such as beans, vegetables and fruits.
They produce gas and discomfort in the colon when bacteria ferment them, triggering IBS symptoms. So, consume FODMAP foods in small amounts.